Alice says: Now you can have your coke and eat it!
I would hate you to miss out on this fabulous Coca-Cola cake. As the instructions say, use coke instead of water. Go on, what harm can it do?
From an original post here: http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/recipes-chocolate-coca-cola-cake
“The best birthdays begin with a cake that contains favorite treats including devil’s food mix, cola, chocolate chips, powdered Chocolate drink and fresh strawberries.
- 1 18.5-ounce devil’s food cake mix (see note)
- 1 16-ounce bottle Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Half 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup
- 12 large fresh, ripe strawberries, preferably unhulled
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 16-ounce package confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered chocolate drink mix such as Nestle’s Quik
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract …”